The weather has just started to come right for a classic New Zealand summer and what better meal to have on a hot summers day than a fresh, watermelon & mango salad with all the goodness your body needs. It’s super quick and easy to make which is great so you can keep enjoying the long summer days and not be stuck in the kitchen!
This recipe came about a few weeks ago when my partner and I were feeling like a light, healthy dinner and had a lot of ripe mangos to use up and half a watermelon. We found what leafy greens we could from the garden and tossed together one of the freshest salads I’ve ever eaten!
- Half a watermelon
- 1 mango
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1 carrot
- 1 /2 cucumber
- Crispy noodles
- Feta cheese
- 1 cup leafy greens
- 1/2 cup parsley or herbs
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop watermelon and mango into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl.
- Roughly chop leafy greens and add to bowl.
- Grate carrot and cucumber. Dry the cucumber with a paper towel before adding to the bowl or it will be a very wet salad.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add to bowl and mix everything together gently.
- Crumble in the feta and sprinkle crispy noodles on top.
I served this with grilled moroccan chicken and sweetcorn but it’s perfect by itself or as a side. Serves 3-4 people. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think about my summer salad in the comments below.
Thanks for reading 🙂