I love pasta! Well… my brain does but unfortunately my tummy doesn’t agree and often I’m bloated and feel yuck after eating it. Luckily there are so many amazing brands out there today that cater for people like me and offer gluten free options. I recently tried the Ceres Organics Quinoa Rice Pasta and it was to die for! It cooked well and I didn’t feel bloated or have a sore stomach afterwards and better yet it was deeeelicious!
Here’s my chicken & spiralized zucchini, quinoa pasta dish which is great for either lunch or dinner. It’s also easy to make vegetarian, just remove the chicken.
If you want to spiralize the zucchini, you will need a spiralizer. This is the one I have here: Spiralizer.
- 1x 250g packet quinoa rice spaghetti
- 400g chicken breast, sliced small
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Mixed herbs & fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a sprinkle of salt and 1 packet of quinoa rice spaghetti. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 14-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain once cooked.
- Cut chicken into small pieces and add to a heated fry pan with a little oil.
- Cook chicken, then add onions, garlic and mushrooms until cooked through.
- Add pesto, tomatoes, spiralized zucchini and mixed herbs and stir through.
- Add drained spaghetti to fry pan and mix everything together.
- Sprinkle with parsley and salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Serves 4 people.
If you’re pressed for time, you can buy store bought pesto, otherwise try my recipe below:
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Half a lemon squeezed
- Salt & pepper to taste
Put everything into a food processor and blend.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know in the comments below what you think about spiralized veges!
Note: Product recommendations are based on personal experience but also contain affiliate links.