Bliss Balls are one of my favourite snacks because they are so wholesome and nutritious and they can also stop that sweet craving without feeling guilty! They are great to make on the weekend in advance, ready for packed lunches during the week or as a post workout snack.
The best thing about bliss balls is that you can really chuck in whatever you like. You can mix and match nuts and dried fruit and add in ingredients as you please. I recommend sticking with high quality ingredients to make sure you’re getting the best out of this healthy snack.
Here’s my favourite recipe:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 heaped Tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup LSA (to roll balls in)
- Place dates, apricots & cranberries into a pot with a little water. Bring to the boil to soften the fruit. Once soft, drain well.
- Blend almonds until fine (I use my Tupperware Turbo Chef but you could use the food processor).
- Place all other ingredients except LSA into the food processor and pulse until combined well and the mixture is at a nice consistency.
- Form into balls and roll in LSA. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze if needed. Makes around 20 balls.
Thanks for reading 🙂